As hugging someone else isn’t an option right now, hug yourself with this simple meditation from Everyday Self-Care. The gentle pressure on the heart space and the belly stimulates the release of oxytocin along with its benefits.
- Begin by settling your attention on the breath. Allow yourself to experience the sensations of breathing and how the body responds. Use this practice as a way of connecting with the body and with how you are feeling.
- Place the left hand on the belly, just below the belly button, and exert gentle pressure.
- Place the right hand over the heart space on the left side of the chest.
- Keeping the hands in place, focus on the breath. Keep a narrow beam of awareness on the breath, chest, and belly. Really feel the rise and fall and the expansion and contraction.
- Continue for as long as you wish.
This excerpt is from Everyday Self-Care. To get more free projects like this one - direct to your inbox - sign up to our mailing list here.